I guess it is time to post again. We have been pretty uneventful around here lately. No soccer practice or games, I haven't cleaned, I just went shopping today and I can say I have pretty much been a bum! I have been caught in a funk lately. I know I am not depressed or anything... just in a funk. Hopefully it is just PMS and I will snap out of it soon!
We did get out of town for a little bit this weekend. We took a short trip to Logandale. One of Justin's best friends got remarried to a really sweet girl. They look so good together... Happy! They had a little get together at a park up there, it was really nice to get out of town, even though it was only 45 minutes away.
A funny little story about our trip to Logandale. As most of you know... Jaden has a really good memory. I told him earlier on in the week that we didn't have soccer games and that we were going to Logandale. He asked me on Friday night, on the way home from the stake basketball game if we were going to "Chip and Dale" tomorrow. I was a little taken back and kinda embarassed. Justin was in the car with us, I didn't know what to think. He asked me again, "mom, are we going to chip and dale tomorrow"? I told him that I had no idea what he was talking about and quickly changed the subject! On the way up to Logandale the next day he asked where we were going. Of course I told him "Logandale". About 20 minutes passed when he asked the annoying roadtrip question,"are we there yet"? I told him know that it would be about 20 more minutes or so. Then about 10 minutes later he asked, "are we at chip and dale yet? Then... it dawned on me! He meant Logandale! Whew... I was getting a little worried there!
Cutler is now in an all out crawl. He still does the occasional army crawl but, I think now he has finally got it. He is so funny... when he starts to get on his knees and crawl he gets this little grin on his face like "ah ha, I got it". I think he is finally relieved that he is not going backwards anymore! Along with Crawling, he has started to pull himself up to just about everything.He likes to pull himself up and start to make his way around things. He really gets a kick out of himself. His other new thing is reading the Ensign. He has discovered that he likes to shake it back and forth and listen to the noise that it makes. He also likes the Ensign because, the pages tear out easier! He thinks they are pretty tasty!
Collin is Collin. We are having trouble with getting him to bed. He is off and on when it comes to bedtime consistancy. He is having trouble with MONSTERS! He came in to me the other night, pulling down his lower eyelid, saying that he had a monster in his eye. I told him to tell the monster to get out and go away and he did. Then about 2 minutes there was a monster in his other eye. I finally figured out that he was seeing the monsters when he closedhis eyes! I tried to help him think of something funny or his favorite movie (CARS)so he would be ok. It didn't work too well, I finally gave up and let him sleep with me! Oh well!
I am so glad I got into blogging. I count this as journaling now. It help me not feel so guilty for not writing in a journal!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Update
Posted by Kim at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Your blog looks so great. I love the new pics, especially the one of you and Justin. Blogging is the best isn't it? Thanks for keeping us up to date!
I hope my funk isn't rubbing off on you!! Becuase I just can't get out of it!! I like the changes!!
I love the story about Jaden and Logandale. It had me laughing out loud.
I count this as my journaling too. I just have to say your boys are so cute! I can't believe Cutler is crawling already! Those stories about Jaden and Collin are way cute!
I love the 'chip and dale' story!! That's the best...gotta save that one for his wedding day!! I love your new look!
Post a Comment