Monday, March 1, 2010

Keepin' Busy

I thought since Dr. Paul was out of town I would have a nice, relaxing week. I hasn't been super crazy, but I haven't had any "extra" time to just sit and do nothing. It has been nice being able to get all my unimportant things done! Seems like I never have time to get those kind of things done. I still have half the day tomorrow to get the rest of the things on my "to do" list done.

I got to go to Jaden's class today and read to them. It is Nevada Reading week and all the classes can have guest readers!! I almost didn't make it. I totally forgot I planned on going until 12:50 this afternoon. I was supposed to be in his class at 12:30, I felt so bad, I thought they had to go to PE at 1:30, so I was only going to be able to read for a few minutes!! It ended up that the kids had art today and that was in the morning!! I was SO relieved!! It all turned out great!! I swung by my Mom's really fast and picked up Yertle the Turtle! It was fun to read but, that freaking Dr.Seuss really makes it feel like you are illiterate when you read his books!! Yertle the Turtle had 2 other stories in the book so we ended up reading all three!! I think the kids liked it!! They seemed too! I really have learned to LOVE reading!!

We got a new kitchen table AND chairs!! For almost a year and a half I had my "super smoking" deal, my table I got for $70.00 at DI, without any chairs. We looked and looked!! You can't find any good deals on chairs!! They are all about $150.00 for a good, sturdy chair!! We got a counter height table set at Sam's Club that was only $687.00. Totally worth getting!! It came with 8 chairs. If we would have bought 8 chairs alone, it would have cost more than that!!

We also got a recliner for the family room!! It completes the room. We had an empty space for a long time and now it is filled. Justin has been wanting a recliner for some time. We found it at RC Willey over the weekend and Justin picked it up tonight.

How are we doing this all?? Yes, your right, tax return! So we now enjoy SITTING at the table as a family and Justin has his easy chair to relax in!! And we will put the rest away because it seems like we have to use it for those "Rainy days" more often than not!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay for blogging again! I haven't updated ours in a while and you are motivating me to keep it up more now! :) I cant wait to see those kitchen chairs and yay for the recliner! You guys did get a great deal on those chairs! I think I will be calling you very often when our next boy comes for advice on how to manage three boys! You are great!!!

Meg said...

Kim, you're a sweetheart. Thanks for your comment on my blog! You know, I had Tru with a doctor at Woman's Specialty Care and it was a really bad experience... and I just felt really strongly that I needed to find a good doctor. Little did I know how important that would be!!! But you know it wasn't just the doctor... you were part of that too! I really appreciate how nice you always have been to me, and even though really crappy stuff was going on it was a good experience because of the nice people there, you included! Thank you so much for that. Look at your adorable family! Your boys are darling!!